BIRD 2.0.8

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Fri Apr 9 09:52:04 CEST 2021

On Fri, 09 Apr 2021, Jakub Ružička wrote:
> I already have bird2 packages built in a testing OBS repo for latest
> Debian, Ubuntu, Fedoras, and CentOS but there are some remaining issues
> with docs generation on older distro versions which I need to address.
> In worst case scenario I will temporarily drop doc packages in order to
> get bird built.

For Fedora and CentOS/RHEL, I would like to understand which benefits these
OBS packages are going to bring, especially as they are not part of e.g.
the regular Fedora repository like the Fedora bird RPM package is, that I
am co-maintaining (yes, EPEL for CentOS/RHEL is not a default repository,
but still very close, too).

Further on, I would like to kindly suggest that you also have a look to
these existing Fedora/EPEL packages to adopt distribution specific build or
run-time optimizations, that the upstream RPM packages were lacking so far.

Regards,
  Robert