BIRD 2.0.8

Peter Hurtenbach mail at peter-hurtenbach.de
Thu Apr 8 11:00:41 CEST 2021

Hi,

Below are my steps I've done to import the new upstream version and
build the package with git-buildpackage on a Debian Buster machine (or
chroot).

Please note that I didn't really look at the circumstances of the
package and whether this is all appropriate with the new version, as it
worked for me. This is also the reason I dropped the doc patch because I
don't need the man within the package.

> #Install prerequisites
> apt install git-buildpackage
> apt install pristine-tar
> #Build dependencies
> apt install bison debhelper docbook-xsl flex libncurses5-dev
> libreadline-dev libssh-gcrypt-dev linuxdoc-tools-latex m4 opensp quilt
> texlive-latex-extra xsltproc build-essential
> #Clone from debian Gitlab
> mkdir bird2
> cd bird2
> #Download current release (didn't get the ftp uscan working)
> wget https://bird.network.cz/download/bird-2.0.8.tar.gz
> gbp clone --pristine-tar https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bird2.git
> cd bird2
> #Import new upstream version
> gbp import-orig ../bird-2.0.8.tar.gz
> #Generate changelog entry
> gbp dch
> git add debian/changelog
> git commit -m "Update changelog"
> #Remove patches
> # - 0001-Sync-the-linuxdoc-mangled-files-with-linuxdoc-tools_.patch: I
> had an issue with missing Latin1ToSgml.pm and I dont need the
> adjusments to the doc generation and will not install the doc package
> # - 0002-Added-missing-extern.patch: This change is already included
> in current release
> rm debian/patches/*.patch
> > debian/patches/series
> git add debian/patches
> git commit -m "Remove patches"
> # Create tag because during the build the latest tag (git describe) is
> set to BIRD_VERSION
> git tag -a "debian/2.0.8-1"
> #Build
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc