Derive OSPF stub network configuration from interface?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Nov 25 16:04:03 CET 2020

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 02:24:47PM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> Is it possible to configure OSPF stub network by giving the interface as parameter instead of the prefix? E.g. current syntax is
>
> area {
>  stubnet prefix;
> }
>
> But can it be stated as interface instead of prefix so that if the interface address changes I don't need to update my configuration file?

Hi

The stubnet option is targeted on cases, where stub prefix is not
directly related to an iface, e.g. an aggregate stub network covering
multiple ifaces. It is an analogy of 'networks', just on node level
instead of area level.

If you want just stub network based on iface prefix, then just define
stub interface:

area {
  interface "ethX" { stub; };
};