BIRD2 BFD only listen on IPv6 or IPv4

Stefan Plug stefan.plug at megaport.com
Thu Nov 5 17:12:18 CET 2020

Hey guys,

BIRD2 2.0.7

I want to run 2 BIRD2 Daemons, one with ipv4 config and one with ipv6 config, just like as with BIRD1 this works fine for BGP.

However, I have noticed that it doesn’t seem possible (?) to point BFD within a daemon to only listen to ipv4 or ipv6 which will make both daemons listen to both protocols regardless of if they even have any ipv4 or ipv6 configuration.

This means that if daemon1 was first then all BFD packets will got to daemon1 and not to daemon2, so no BFD will come up in daemon2.

Is there a way to tell BIRD2 to only listen to ipv4 or ipv6 with BFD?

Kind regards,

Stefan

--
Stefan Plug
Network Engineer (EU)

Phone: +49 160 2504854

ECIX, a Megaport company
PEERING GmbH
Tauentzienstraße 11
10789 Berlin Germany

Office: +49 30 233 24 16-0
Web: www.ecix.net

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Germany. Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 97752B
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführung: Vincent English, Bevan Slattery, Prokuristen: Stefan Wahl
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and
notify the sender.