Binary Bird2 for EdgeRouter (EdgeOS, Debian 9, mips)

Marcin Dulinski martin at dulin.me.uk
Fri Jul 31 14:33:38 CEST 2020

HI Skyler,

I wrote message based on your subject: 'Binary Bird2 for EdgeRouter
(EdgeOS, Debian 9, mips)'.

As far as i remember the filesystem on the EdgeOS is based on squashfs
images.

In most cases they are read-only, or it keeps only data until upgrade.
So any modifications installation packages are generates complex for
future security patches / upgrades. Only /config directory remains. This
is the reason why i gave you tar archived binaries. For my case this is
much easier method for deployment.

They are based on EdgeOS v1.10.11 which currently is used in my
production environment.

Regards,

Martin