Bird 2 for CentOS/EPEL 6?

Maria Matějka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Thu Jul 2 13:07:24 CEST 2020

Hello!

Yes, we're dropping support for such an old GCC, mostly because we don't have enough resources (time) to manage those old systems for testing. Other problems are with lack of support of some C11 features. I should also say that the upcoming multithreaded versions will also need a reasonably new compiler to support thread local storage and maybe C11 atomics also.

Sorry for that. We try our best, yet keeping backwards compatibility with old systems is quite a lot of work for us.

BTW you can still use your old GCC to build a newer GCC or Clang locally and then build BIRD using that compiler, however it is in most cases an insane overkill.

Maria