No subject

Anders Hansen anders at oiu.dk
Fri Jan 31 21:58:23 CET 2020

Hi list

I'm having issues with a Debian 10 based router running BIRD 2.0.7.

On the router I have several interfaces where OSPFv3 is active. All good.
Besides those interfaces, i also have a dummy interface named loopback0.

Config example:
        area 0 {
                interface "ens*" {
                        type ptp;
                        cost 1;
                        hello 5;
                };
                interface "loopback0" {
                        stub;
                        cost 1;
                };
        };

The ens interfaces work just fine. However, the /128 I have configured on
the loopback0 interfaces is constantly not being picked up by BIRD. It's
like BIRD completely ignores the existence of that interface. It simply
won't announce that /128 out to its peers connected through the ens
interfaces. If i change the /128 to a /127 instead, the prefix is
advertised by bird.

Any clues as to what gives this kinda unexpected (to me) behavior? Why
wouldn't BIRD recognize a /128? I'm used to both Cisco and Juniper and have
not seen this behavior before.

All I'm trying to do is use my loopback for establishing an iBGP mesh -
basic use case, i believe :)
Thanks!

Best Regards
Anders Hansen