BFD getting stuck in Init state when taking down and up the interface

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jan 20 19:38:22 CET 2020

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 02:41:58PM +0100, Julian Schuh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think I discovered a bug causing BFD sessions to get stuck in the Init
> state when taking down and up the interface that is being for the BFD
> session.
>
> I'm using bird 2.0.7 on linux 4.19.86.

Hi

Hi, will check that. It is strange, as the session is restarted when
iface goes up and address range is detected, so it should not be an issue
to assume IP address is here and ready. Perhaps it is related to DAD, but
if i remember correctly, we fixed that issue earlier (addresses with DAD
running are not considered available).

> When I take down the interface and wait for a subsequent device scan
> (indicated by log message "device1: Scanning interfaces") and only take up
> the interface after the device scan is carried out, all works fine:

I do not think that device scan itself is relevant - perhaps it is just
larger delay between down and up events.