bird conf 1.6 to 2.0

Mario Rossi mrossi at hostopia.com
Fri Jan 10 01:50:19 CET 2020

Hi Bird users,

I am trying to migrate the config from 1.6 to 2.0 on CentOS 8. I tried
to follow
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird/wikis/transition-notes-to-bird-2
but my test config didn't work. Is there another guide or wiki I can
follow to be able to migrate to version 2 ?

Thank you !

[...]
router id 206.x.y.z;

table as65533;
table blackholes;
[...]

# Scans and learns of blackhole routes from table 10, every 10 seconds
protocol kernel rtbh {
         table blackholes;
         kernel table 10;
         scan time 20;
         learn;
         import filter rtbh_pipe;
         export all;
}

# Merges kernel route table 10 into the virtual as65533 routing table
protocol pipe {
         table as65533;
         peer table blackholes;
         mode transparent;
         import filter rtbh_pipe;
}

protocol bgp ege1a_50_4 {
         table as65533;
         description "ege1a_50_4";
         local as 65533;
         neighbor 1.1.1.1 as 12345;
         multihop;
         source address 206.x.y.z;   # What local address we use for the
TCP connection
         export where source=RTS_STATIC;
         export filter bgp_out_upstream;