Centos 8 BIRD 2.0.6 issue with rt_tables parsing

Igor Gavrilov i.o.gavrilov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:57:18 CEST 2019

Hello BIRD users.
Recently I have upgraded one of our router to Centos 8 with BIRD2 and
faced strange issue with rt_tables parsing.
When I have custom tables named with capital letters, for example:

128 AAA
129 BBB

I get error message while trying to run bird (BIRD version 2.0.6):
# bird -p
bird: /etc/bird.conf:1:1 Symbol already defined

I'm not sure whether it is BIRD issue or Centos one, but to run BIRD I
have to change at least one letter in table name to lower case, or
change naming length.