How to enter static prefix with multiple nexthops but no ECMP?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Oct 16 16:43:19 CEST 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 01:41:45PM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does bird support a static prefix with multiple nexthops, without
> installing all of them in the kernel as ECMP?

Hi

I think that you are talking about multiple routes/paths with the same
prefix. Static protocol currently does not support that (and behaves
strangely when such multiple routes are defined). Simple workaround
is to define multple static protocol instances. We have a patch for
multiple static routes with the same prefix and different preference
in one static protocol (commit 9861dba5230da539e6ce7d2b6baa4f2631556d09),
but we plan to rewrite that significantly before merging to master.