IPv6, route reflectors and link-local nexthops

Jan-Philipp Litza jpl at plutex.de
Fri Oct 11 14:28:56 CEST 2019

> Important info was 'gateway recursive' option on direct BGP sessions,
> so all three BGP sessions generate recursive routes.

There are only two sessions involved. Or do you mean sessions as in
"protocol configurations"?

And my understanding was that this setup cannot work without "gateway
recursive". Can't read from your comment whether this is correct or not.

>> so I'm not sure what to answer to "what routes"
>
> For that i meant non-BGP routes that are used to resolve BGP next hops.
>
> Mainly 'show route for 2001:db8:2::2 all' to get route for 2001:db8:2::2
> next hop from your first example.

Ah, sure:

2001:db8:2::/64  unicast [direct1 2019-09-24] * (240)
	dev I2
	Type: device univ

--
Jan-Philipp Litza
PLUTEX GmbH

Hotline: 0800 100 400 800
Telefon: 0800 100 400 821
Telefax: 0800 100 400 888
E-Mail: support at plutex.de
Internet: http://www.plutex.de

USt-IdNr.: DE 815030856
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 25144
Geschäftsführer: Torben Belz, Hendrik Lilienthal