BIRD2 munin plugin + BIRD2-RPKI munin plugin

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Fri Oct 4 23:45:00 CEST 2019

Hi Alarig,

while searching a munin plugin for BIRD 2 I stumbled on your

https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2018-November/012894.html

as you probably know by now the counters are back:

> Version 2.0.4 (2019-02-27)
[...]
>   o Preferred route counters are back

We use your munin plugin with BIRD2 and made a tiny modification to it
to only include BGP:

https://github.com/appliedprivacy/bird2-munin/commit/8953db5b238544e31ee037c18186619794695fee

We also used you plugin as the basis for this quick'n dirty BIRD2 RPKI
munin plugin graphing ROA4 and ROA6 entries:

https://github.com/appliedprivacy/bird2-rpki-munin

We have seen some routes per second graphs here that would also be
interesting but we did not look into that yet:
https://stats.tbspace.de/munin/AS203478/router.fsn1.as203478.net/index.html#bird

regards,
Christoph