Is BIRD on BSD a second class citizen?

Mike Mazarick mike.mazarick at virtudatacenter.com
Fri Oct 4 01:03:59 CEST 2019

Years ago, in the 2009-2010 timeframe, a telecom operator the "next rack
over" told me that Linux didn't have the necessary security structures for
telephone conversations and BSD had them.  He used OpenBSD because what he
wanted to do wasn't practical in Linux.   I really didn't follow up and
don't know what the advantages of were for BSD deployments back then.

If you wanted to describe the inherent security advantages of BSD over Linux
today, this would be welcomed.

A lot has happened in 9-10 years in both BSD and Linux.   At one time, I
though BSD was a contender for Linux.   Because of the volume, I'm not sure
of this presently.

Mike Mazarick

---