OSPF stuck in 2-way state

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Oct 3 19:04:45 CEST 2019

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 06:36:05PM +0200, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> > me.dr is 0 because ifa->drip is 0, but should it have declared itself
> > as an eligible DR?
>
> Oh, you meant DR IP, not neghbor IP. I think that it is correct - the
> process should start with the node idea of DR IP, which is initially
> zero (RFC 2328 9.4. the first paragraph).

Just reviewed the election code and it seems consistent to the algorithm
in RFC 2328. If no electable neighbor is there and me.dr / me.bdr is
initially zero, then it should elect itself as BDR in the first round
(also elect itself as DR by the ndr==NULL condition), and elect itself
as DR in the second election.

Could you add some debug output to check the value of DR and BDR (both
ID and IP) after first and possibly second round?