AW: Simple two bird BGPs two Uplinks one Peering Provider config

Yves Illi mail at yvesilli.com
Tue May 21 12:58:45 CEST 2019

Hi,

Okay, I think there is a misunderstanding. Or maybe I am totally wrong. Please correct me if I am.

a.b.c.0/22 is my range

d.e.f.124 is my bgp01 public ip of the /29 transfer net between my bgp01 and the big router (d.e.f.121/29) of my peering uplink

So if I want to advertise my own public ips (a.b.c.0/22) to my peering uplink (so called to the internet) shouldn't I make it like this:

protocol static static_bgp {
  ipv4;
  route a.b.c.0/22 via d.e.f.124;
}
protocol bgp link1 {
  local d.e.f.124 as XXXX;
  neighbor d.e.f.121 as YYYY; #d.e.f.121 is the first router of my peering uplink 1
  ipv4 { import all;export where proto = "static_bgp"; };
}

I want to import all from them so I know the internet and how to route.... and I want to export stat-ic_bgp so the internet know's me?

Thanks for your help
Yves