bgp add paths to select only equal routes

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Wed May 15 19:51:55 CEST 2019

Hello,

If "add paths" config option is enabled for a bgp protocol than it
sends every route matching the filter on export. But I would like to
have an option to send only the best route with routes similar to it
(equal localpref, aspath length, ...). Like it is done in the kernel
protocol and its "merge paths" option. So for example if I had 2
routes for the same prefix with different bgp_local_pref or bgp_path
length, than only the route with better attributes would be announced
to the peer. Currently both routes would be announced.