BFD multihop with Junos

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Mar 6 04:32:05 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 05:21:44PM -0500, Arzhel Younsi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup BFD multihop session between Bird 1.6.3 and a Juniper MX router to fast failover eBGP multihop sessions.

Hi

I guess this could be strict src port checking in Juniper, see
https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=16&f=bird-6.html#ss6.2 :

  BFD packets are sent with a dynamic source port number. Linux systems use
  by default a bit different dynamic port range than the IANA approved one
  (49152-65535). If you experience problems with compatibility, please
  adjust /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range

And also: https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2015-August/009846.html