BIRD support in OpenBSD rpki-client?

Robert Scheck bird at robert-scheck.de
Fri Jun 21 01:54:12 CEST 2019

Hello all,

the portable variant [1] of the recently developed OpenBSD rpki-client [2]
is available, however it only supports OpenBGPD so far.

I wonder if somebody already had a look to it regarding BIRD support. I
know BIRD consumes libssh (for RTRlib [3], but also for the RIPE NCC RPKI
Validator as it seems [4]).

While I'm not used to OpenBGPD, it feels like they're using a configuration
file generated by the rpki-client to feed ROA data in. As this concept is
different from BIRD's [5] (maybe I'm overlooking something?), I would be
interested how BIRD support at OpenBSD rpki-client could technically look
like (and if there are preferences), given there is also remote control [6]
via the Unix socket.

[1] https://github.com/kristapsdz/rpki-client
[2] https://github.com/openbsd/src/tree/master/usr.sbin/rpki-client
[3] https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=prog-5.html