Kernel protocol and different namespaces

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jun 13 18:09:02 CEST 2019

On 6/13/19 12:52 AM, Jakub Nowacki wrote:
> Ok, now I have the whole picture. Having option to exchange routes
> between multiple BIRD processes on same box (but in different
> namespaces) would allow to simplify management of configuration.

I don't understand what Unix sockets provide that a vEth pair can't provide.

Yes, the vEth pair would require IPs and neighbor configurations.  But I
don't see that as a blocker.  I would expect that it's possible to apply
filters to control what is imported and exported.  I would also expect
similar filters to be applied to the Unix sockets too.

I'm sure there's something that I'm missing.  But I don't know what it is.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die