Introduce Wireguard support to bird

Bernd Naumann bena at spreadshirt.net
Mon Jun 10 11:03:35 CEST 2019

On 08.06.19 00:18, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:

> - The algorithm is basically O(P*M*N) for inserting N routes on an
>   interface with P peers that each have M existing AllowedIPs. That is
>   not going to scale very far :/
>
> -Toke

Hi Toke,

Could you give me an example for a topology/setup where you have one
server with only one wireguard interface, but n peers (sharing a
key-pair(?)), connecting to that one server endpoint and have proper
routing of the packets? Routing decision then happens in wireguard, but
--let me repeat-- this implies that all "clients" share the same key-pair?

As far as I have understood wireguard setups I thought that per peer, a
server has an individual interface with either specific networks or a
0.0.0.0/0 wildcard and then uses dynamic routing to fill the (os)
kernels routing table to reach each client or client-network.

Off topic: Does this patch supports unnumbered ospf and bgp? I have not
implemented this based on limited knowledge about the boundary condition
and what is really needed from a linux perspective. (More info welcomed)

Toff topic #2: Was there any progress on implementing/enable multicast
support on wireguard interfaces? Just curious. See:
https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2016-December/000813.html
(as far as "my" google outputs...)

Bernd