Kernel protocol and different namespaces

bird at ipv2.de bird at ipv2.de
Fri Jun 7 15:15:41 CEST 2019

I disagree. I am quite sure this is technologically possible. As in, the Linux kernel should allow you to do this.

>From my understanding of (network) namespace, a process that is root should be able to use setns() to change its namespace.
I doubt bird is capable of this, as is, but it should be possible to patch it in order to do this.

For some simple testing on how to traverse network namespaces, you can use ip netns.

Best Regards