BIRD 2.0.4 and protocol RPKI in the config file

Irene Lalioti irene.lalioti at restena.lu
Fri Jul 12 11:26:51 CEST 2019

Hello dear Maria and bird users!

I would like to ask you a question while I am experiencing an error all
morning long :)

I have installed the bird version 2.0.4 on my Linuxbox
4.14.13-x86_64-vmware. In my config file I am setting up the rpki
protocol based on the documentation :
https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-6.html#ss6.13

As

protocol rpki {
        debug all;
        roa4 { table r4; };
        roa6 { table r6; };
        remote "rpki.lu-cix.lu" port 323;
        retry keep 5;
        refresh keep 30;
        expire 600;
}

when I run it I receive the syntax error unexpected symbol on the
protocol line.

-bash-4.2# bird -c /etc/bird.conf -d -f
bird: /etc/bird.conf:208:10 syntax error, unexpected SYM

I have played around with adding names, removing them, removing the { ,
then adding it again, but nothing changes.

I have found another similar incident here :

https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2019-March/013167.html

Where Ondrej suggested to fix the ; but in my case I already have them.
Is this a known issue? Apparently I am missing something.

Thanks a lot in advance, and see you in Amsterdam

Kind Regards

Irène

--
Irene Lalioti