UPGRADE OS

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at inex.ie
Wed Jul 10 08:07:48 CEST 2019

Hi

Ondrej Filip wrote on 09/07/2019 22:39:
> I strongly suggest to upgrade to one of the latest versions. Either
> 2.0.4 of 1.6.6 at least.

Also why not use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with either of these?

See our presentations from 2019 here [1] which discuss running Bird as a
route server using 18.04 LTS and v2.0.4 with RPKI and lots of other
security elements.

As far as I know there isn't a packaged version of Bird v2 for 18.04 but
I show how to create one on this page:

https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/rpki/#enabling-rpki

  - Barry

[1] https://www.ixpmanager.org/presentations