[Bird2] Doubt about Route Server function and iBGP

heisenbug at xpto heisenbug at xpto.eng.br
Mon Sep 24 19:21:42 CEST 2018

Hello Guys,

On bird1.6, I have deployed our Route Servers using the below
architecture to split the load from the control plane:

Customer1 <-> RS1[pid0] <-> iBGP <-> RS2[pid1] <-> Customer2

And is working fine as RS until now [not inserting local AS on AS-PATH
and not changing NH]. I'm planing to migrate to Bird2.0.2 with some new
features, but when I do the same on Bird2.0.2, I have the AS from iBGP
inserted on AS-PATH, just to let me know, this is an expected behavior
on Bird2? I have tested in a lot of ways, but still the same results.

[]s