bird logging

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Oct 29 11:59:56 CET 2018

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 08:37:38PM +0100, Alexander Zubkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I specify relative log file path, the file is created relative to the
> current working directory. But for the include directive relative path are
> applied relative to the config file. Probably it would be better to have a
> consistent path resolution? I also suppose it could have been done
> intentionally. But I did not find description of this behaviour in the
> documentation. And I did not find anything on this question with google.

Hi

Yes, it is intentional. Include directive is relative to the config file
where it occured, while all other paths are relative to the CWD. I think
it makes sense, but we should clarify that in the documentation.

Perhaps we should change the default directory for other paths (e.g. logs)
to be build-configured base dir for that class of files (e.g. /var/log for
logs), not sure about that.