Bird debian repo now over https only?

Chris Boot lists at bootc.boo.tc
Fri Oct 12 21:08:13 CEST 2018

Except it doesn't really make any odds for Debian repositories, where
the contents is signed using GPG. Transport encryption doesn't add
anything if the data is already signed at source, and just makes
mirroring and caching harder.

Newer versions of Apt (coming in Debian buster) have the https transport
built-in, but until then you need to install apt-transport-https.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot