Detailed view for show ospf lsadb

Lukas Liebig lukas.liebig91 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 14:08:34 CET 2018

Hello,

I'm comparing BIRD with Quagga in order to evaluate if we should switch to
BIRD. Therefore, I have two questions:

1) I have attached two screenshots of the LSA databases of BIRD and Quagga.
BIRD enables many output filtering features but I always get only a
table-like representation of the LSA database. The Quagga shell can also
display detailed LSA information, for instance the attached image for a
type 5 LSA. Most information can also be found within birdc but the Forward
Address for example cannot. Or is there a command in birdc, I did not
notice? If not, is it planned to display more detailed LSA information for
further BIRD releases?

2) On various websites and presentations people talk about BIRDs better
performance and lower resource usage compared with Quagga. Here [1] one can
even see diagrams but there is now further information given about the
taken measurements. Are there studies which compare BIRD and Quagga in an
objective and comprehensible way?

Best regards,
Lukas Liebig

[1]: https://www.uknof.org.uk/uknof15/Preston-Routeserver.pdf