change routing while exporting to kernel

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Tue Nov 6 12:57:04 CET 2018

Am 05.11.18 um 16:24 schrieb Ondrej Zajicek:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2018 at 09:51:33PM +0100, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
>> hi,
>>

>> I want to export a route learned from BGP to the kernel. but I want to
>> modify the route while exporting because I want to use a VTI instead of
>> the next hop route.
>>

>> So instead of 192.168.0.0/24  via 10.0.0.1 I want to export
>>
>> 192.168.0.0/24 dev vti0 to the kernel.
>>

>> Is this possible with bird? If yes, how can I acchieve this?
> Hi
>
> Attached patch (one for BIRD 1.6, one for BIRD 2.0) will allow
> that by making route attribute ifname read/write. So it could
> be done by
>
>   ifname = "vti0";
>
> in filters.
>
> Compared to setting gateway it may be slower if there are plenty
> of interfaces as the lookup is not cached.

hi,

my config:

filter export2kernel {

  if net ~ 192.168.12.0/24 then {
    ifname = "vti0";
    accept;

should bird recoqnize if the link goes down and comes up again?

At least in my setup the down detection works:

ip l s down vti0

results that the route disappears from the kernel routing table.

But a ip l s up vti0 does not inject the route into the kernel table again.

Ideas?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München