Routing via device, not via next hop?

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Fri Mar 9 19:49:34 CET 2018

Hi,

I want to set up a gre tunnel between two routers that speak BGP. bird
exports the learned route to the kernel with "via":

10.0.1.0/24 via 192.168.88.101 dev eth0 proto bird

But with a gre tunnel I'd need something like

ip route add 10.0.1.0/24 dev gre0.

Is it possible to configure bird that it exports the route to the kernel
with "dev <gre>", not with "via <nexthop>"?

Thanks for any help or hints in the right direction.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

--

[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München