FW: Advertise loopback IP into BGP - BIRD 2.0.1

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Sun Mar 4 11:08:55 CET 2018

Hi,

* LAKSHMANAN, THIRUVAZHIYA

> Thanks for your response. My goal is to just export lo:10 interface IP
> (10.10.200.3/32) through eBGP and import all the routes on the BGP. With
> the following configuration, I am able to import all the routes, but
> export of lo:10 interface route is not happening.Below is my bird.conf ,
> what is that I am missing?

> protocol direct {
>         interface "lo:10";

«lo:10»? That seems very suspect, as the "colon way" of adding multiple
addresses to interfaces was deprecated along with net-tools/ifconfig
about a decade ago.

Try using the real interface name instead, e.g., «interface "lo";».

If that doesn't fix it, the next step is to verify that the direct
protocol actually sees and imports the address in question, using "birdc
show route protocol direct1".

Tore