BGP Connection reset on fast timers

Maria Jan Matějka jan.matejka at nic.cz
Tue Jun 12 11:09:52 CEST 2018

Hello!

There may be anything, including waiting for Netlink or CLI socket or other BIRDs, or even something totally unrelated that eats the three seconds. I'm quite surprised that it flaps only several times a day.

If I remember it correctly, there was somebody who used a 5/15 setup and still had to take a lot of care to keep the links up.

By the way, is there any good reason to have so short timeouts?

Maria