BIRD - Config Support for RFC 3107 - Carrying Label Information in BGP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jun 8 21:26:08 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 04:03:41PM +0000, Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
> Thanks for your reply. What is the recommended linux kernel verison for mpls if BIRD acts as a PE.
>
> We have VM with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.3 (Maipo)
> Kernel 3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64 on an x86_64
>
> And Bird 2.0.1 version, but it is not working. Can you please confirm whether the environment we have is supporting mpls. If not, what is the recommended kernel version.

Hi

I think that 2.0.1 is OK, i don't there is any related bugfix in 2.0.2.

But your kernel is probably too old, MPLS forwarding is rather recent feature.

You should check that you can doo MPLS routes with basic iproute2 commands
(so you have recent kernel and iproute2 tools):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31926342/iproute2-commands-for-mpls-configuration