route withdrawals are not sent upon protocol removal

Thomás S. Bregolin thoms3rd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:29:38 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 03:42:12PM +0100, Thomás S. Bregolin wrote:
> > Hello,

Hi Ondrej,

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean route withdrawals for routes received from that removed
> protocol?
> Send to other peers? This should not be an issue - when a protocol is
> removed
> or disabled, all its routes are removed and withdrawals should be sent to
> other protocols.

Yes, I mean withdrawals for routes received by the router from the peer
running bird. The peer is directly connected with the router with a bgp
session.

I am removing some static protocols and doing "birdc configure soft" but no
route withdrawals are being sent for the removed prefixes. Even if I try to
run "birdc reload out all", the withdrawals are still not sent since bird
forgot about the prefixes already when I did the "configure soft":

bird[28196]: Removing protocol e_010_cidrs
bird[28196]: Reconfigured

If I disable the protocol with "birdc disable e_010_cidrs" without removing
it from the config files, I see the esame "Remoing protocol e_010_cidrs"
message in the logs and the withdrawals are sent as expected, but I expect
bird to also send withdrawals when a protocol is removed from the configs
without being explicitly disabled.

Do you also think this is a bug?

Best regards,

Thomás