BIRD - 6PE functionality support

Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan TL0041926 at TechMahindra.com
Tue Jul 17 18:18:17 CEST 2018

Thanks Ondrej for your reply. Can you please provide some sample config for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Thiruvazhiyan L

-----Original Message-----
From: Ondrej Zajicek [mailto:santiago at crfreenet.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:13 AM
To: Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan
Cc: bird-users at network.cz
Subject: Re: BIRD - 6PE functionality support

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 06:24:19PM +0000, Thiruvazhiyan Lakshmanan wrote:
> Hi,

> We are looking for using BIRD in our VM for BGP 3107 functionality
> with 6PE support. Basically BIRD should peer with peering router with
> ipv6-label-unicast family and advertise its v6 loopback address with
> the label value of 2 (Explicit null label) and the next-hop of the
> route to be set to its v4 loopback address. Does BIRD support this currently?

Hi

Sorry for late answer. It is not supported currently, but you can do that with attached unofficial patch. The patch will cause to use existing MPLS next-hop label stack even if IP next hop is reset to local address during BGP export. So you can define static route with MPLS stack and announce it. Perhaps you would also need to add static MPLS rules to decapsulate incoming labeled traffic.

Ondrej 'Santiago' Zajicek (email: santiago at crfreenet.org) OpenPGP encrypted e-mails preferred (KeyID 0x11DEADC3, wwwkeys.pgp.net) "To err is human -- to blame it on a computer is even more so."

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html <http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html <http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within TechMahindra.