System freezes with Bird running on FreeBSD 11.1

Clistenes Viana cviana at vianet.com.br
Wed Jan 3 14:30:48 CET 2018

Hello Guys,

Let me do a question about bird 1.6.3 to see if you can help me on
this, we are trying to running it in a server with freebsd 11.1, but
the system freeze every 20 seconds, looking for the logs we found some
I/O loop cycle messages like this:

Jan  2 14:03:15 tau bird: I/O loop cycle took 12509 ms for 8 events

We think that the problem can be have a relationship to the Kernel
protocol, when the scan run every 20 seconds to the search for changes
and insert in the table, we know that this time can be manipulated by
the flag scan time, but it will just to delay the problem and not
solves that.

Enabling or not the learn flag also is not making difference to solve
the problem.

Any help will be really appreciated.

My best Regards,

Clistenes Viana