Problems while experimenting some new features in BGP

Mattia Milani mattia.milani at studenti.unitn.it
Wed Dec 12 09:29:43 CET 2018

Hello all, I'm experimenting some new features in BGP but I'm stuck in a
problem that I can't reach the solution.

I want to trigger a Route Refresh every time after an update some
constraints are violated.

I thought that the right place to do that is inside this function:

static void
bgp_rx_update(struct bgp_conn *conn, byte *pkt, uint len)
{
    if (Constraints are violated){
         Trigger Route Refresh
    }
    return;
}

This was my idea, first of all, do you think this is the right place to
trigger the route reresh?

After that, I was trying to trigger the route refresh calling this function:

void bgp_feed_begin(struct channel *C, int initial)

But I didn't get the result I want, the node in the log wrote:

Sending BEGIN-OF-RR

But nothing else happened, so what is the right way to trigger a Route
refresh?

Thanks a lot for the help, I know that is a strange request but it could
help a lot my experiments,
Mattia