Recommended way to shutdown a working BGP session -- ordered bgp session stop -- bgp session shutdown

Michael Rack mail at michaelrack.de
Sat Dec 8 05:59:53 CET 2018

We are using option number 2.

After 600 seconds, all routes via the shutted down peer will get invalid.

So just wait 10 Minutes and your inbound traffic should stop.

But there was a another thread with a feature request to send withdraws to
your peer, so you can immediatley shutdown your network interface after
shutting down the bgp session.

Am Sa., 8. Dez. 2018, 04:03 hat Francis Brosnan Blázquez <
francis.brosnan at aspl.es> geschrieben: