OSPF in VRF stuck in Alone

James Oakley james.oakley at multapplied.net
Mon Dec 3 23:42:36 CET 2018

On Monday, December 3, 2018 12:31 PM, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> It is strange that you have such different source IP addresses. What is
> your IP range on vl-foo? What is reported by birdc commands 'show
> interfaces' and 'show ospf interface' ? Generally OSPFv2 interfaces are
> associated with one IP range, so alien packets are ignored.

I have 2 addresses on the interface in this case.

vl-foo up (index=22 master=foo)
        MultiAccess Broadcast Multicast AdminUp LinkUp MTU=1500
        100.63.16.4/21 (Preferred, scope univ)
        192.168.1.5/24 (scope site)
        fe80::4d8:7ff:fe73:68b6/64 (Preferred, scope link)

The idea is that the primary range, 100.x.x.x, is used for OSPF between nodes on the VLAN, and the secondary address is to emulate a legacy device, where the same address is needed on multiple VLANs. The secondary address isn't actually involved here, but I don't see a way in the documentation to limit it to only sending out with the primary address.

--
James Oakley
james.oakley at multapplied.net