vpn6-mpls routes on BIRD 2

Chris Herdt cherdt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 23:47:31 CEST 2018

Thanks to the list for all the help you've given me so far!

Another question: I am running BIRD 2.0.2 and peering with a host that is
announcing vpn4 mpls and vpn6 mpls routes.

The vpn4 mpls routes are working, but all of the vpn6 mpls routes appear as
withdrawn routes. I'm not sure why -- I looked at the packet capture in
Wireshark and the UPDATE messages containing the IPv6 routes all show zero
for Withdrawn Routes Length. Any ideas?

Here's the result of 'show protocols all peer1' (addresses changed):

bird> show protocols all peer1
Name       Proto      Table      State  Since         Info
peer1      BGP        ---        up     14:35:04.353  Established
  BGP state:          Established
    Neighbor address: 192.168.42.1
    Neighbor AS:      65321
    Neighbor ID:      192.168.42.1
    Local capabilities
      Multiprotocol
        AF announced: vpn4-mpls vpn6-mpls
      Route refresh
      Graceful restart
      4-octet AS numbers
      Enhanced refresh
    Neighbor capabilities
      Multiprotocol
        AF announced: vpn4-mpls vpn6-mpls
      Route refresh
      Extended next hop
        IPv6 nexthop: ipv4 ipv4-mc
      Graceful restart
        Restart time: 120
        AF supported: vpn4-mpls vpn6-mpls
        AF preserved:
      4-octet AS numbers
    Session:          internal multihop AS4
    Source address:   192.168.100.1
    Hold timer:       12.954/15
    Keepalive timer:  0.005/5
  Channel vpn4-mpls
    State:          UP
    Table:          vpntab4
    Preference:     100
    Input filter:   ACCEPT
    Output filter:  REJECT
    Routes:         9771 imported, 0 exported
    Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored
accepted
      Import updates:           9771          0          0          0
9771
      Import withdraws:           20          0        ---
20          0
      Export updates:           9771       9771          0
---          0
      Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---
---          0
    BGP Next hop:   192.168.100.1
    IGP IPv4 table: master4
  Channel vpn6-mpls
    State:          UP
    Table:          vpntab6
    Preference:     100
    Input filter:   ACCEPT
    Output filter:  REJECT
    Routes:         0 imported, 0 exported
    Route change stats:     received   rejected   filtered    ignored
accepted
      Import updates:              0          0          0
0          0
      Import withdraws:         2785          0        ---
2785          0
      Export updates:              0          0          0
      Export withdraws:            0        ---        ---
    BGP Next hop:   ::
    IGP IPv6 table: master6

--
Chris Herdt