Bird 2 and device routes switch in kernel configuration section

Julien Dessaux julien.dessaux at adyxax.org
Fri Aug 3 15:24:46 CEST 2018

Hello,

I have found something odd will try testing bird 2 with some of my
configurations. It seems that the "device routes on" in the kernel
configuration section doesn't exist anymore. The documentation still
references it in the introduction for the kernel section, but not in the
detailed list of configuration entries :
http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-6.html#ss6.6 . For
reference, here it is also for bird 1.6 :
http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=16&f=bird-6.html#ss6.6

Is there any information as to how to port the "device routes on"
behavior from bird 1.6 to bird 2? I use it to have bird learn routes
that are push from an openvpn server I connect to, so that I can
announce those to other servers.

Best regards,
--
Julien