Bird 1.5 and 1.6 memory leak

Willy Goiffon willy at mailoo.org
Wed Apr 18 09:57:16 CEST 2018

Le 2018-04-17 14:27, Alexander Demenshin a écrit :
> On 2018-04-17 13:31, willy at mailoo.org wrote:
>
>> As I said, the mem leak does not apppear in the `birdc show memory`
>> command.
>> It is shown at the OS level, and is shown via the `free` command.
>
> What do you mean by "OS level"? Which exactly level? What is the actual
> process
> size as reported by ps ("ps axuw|grep bird")?

By "OS Level" I mean the memory used as reported by the kernel from
/proc/meminfo.
The process size is rather standard:

     bird 1737 0.0 0.0 15540 2216 ? Ss Apr17 0:01 /usr/sbin/bird -f -u
bird -g bird

If I sum up the size of all processes, I don't even reach 1Gib. But the
memory used
reported by the kernel increases gradually until it reaches OOM.

> If ps shows size similar to what you see in birdc "show mem", then the
> leak
> is definitely not in bird (though it may be related) - it is in kernel
> or some other process.

It might not be in bird, but it is definitely triggered by it.

Thanks
--
Willy