Bird 1.5 and 1.6 memory leak

C. Jon Larsen jlarsen at richweb.com
Fri Apr 13 18:25:12 CEST 2018

debian stretch, bird v 1.6.3-2 is rock solid

FWIW i saw zero leaks or issues on debian wheezy, jessie, devuan jessie
either.

on multiple rrs taking several million routes I am at:

birdc
BIRD 1.6.3 ready.
bird> show mem
BIRD memory usage
Routing tables:    126 MB
Route attributes:   93 MB
ROA tables:        112  B
Protocols:         823 kB
Total:             219 MB

alpine linux also works very well, no issues taking multiple full tables
on core/edge as well:

(host: core1)  (user: root)  (time= 11:23:53)
  > ~ # birdc
BIRD 1.6.0 ready.
bird> show mem
BIRD memory usage