Bird redundant routers with same AS on same location and prefix delegation to lower router

Robert Blayzor rblayzor.bulk at inoc.net
Thu Oct 26 04:27:03 CEST 2017

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 4:13 AM, Gelderman, Richard <r.gelderman at rtvoost.nl> wrote:
>
> What is the best pratice?
>
> A underlying problem it creates is how can I export the 4 networks with prefix /24 from R3 out R1 and R2 who export a /22 who the R3 divides in to 4 networks?

By default (without filtering) longer prefixes should also export, so your ISP should see the /22 as well as the /24’s. If that’s not the desired result you would have to employ route filtering. Another way also might be setting the /24 prefixes with the no-export community if you don’t want AS10000 to pass them to other eBGP neighbors.

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net