bird control-socket: connection reset by peer

Oliver Herms oliver.peter.herms at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 12:47:25 CET 2017

Hello bird users,

I'm running bird 1.6.3 on ubuntu 16.04 as kind of a route server.
I wrote a piece of software that connects to the bird control-socket and
runs queries against it like this: "show route all for x.y.z.a protocol
xxx".
The software keeps the socket open and executes the queries in a loop
persisting of a write() call followed by a read() call.

Now to the problem:
At some point bird resets the connection and the logs are not showing
anything related.

Did anyone make similar experiences or can help me to find out what's wrong
with bird here?

Thanks
Oliver
--