Sending only default route to downstream users?

Mike Jones mike at mikejones.in
Fri Mar 24 15:24:40 CET 2017

On 24 March 2017 at 13:37, Michael McConnell <michael at winkstreaming.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I receive a full iBGP table from my uplinks, however I want to just pass a default route / partial table to my downstream clients.
>
> I’ve tried various options such as gateway direct and multihop, try to turn it into a eBGP situation with no luck.

> Thank you very much for your time and help,
> Mike

Hi,

You are looking for filters. These define rules that get checked
against every route imported/exported and can either accept/reject a
route or can even modify attributes. Filters can be applied on export
to control what you advertise, and on import to control what you
accept.

I would normally leave you to figure out the details by yourself,
however the documentation isn't exactly the best at telling you how to
do these simple tasks so it would probably save a bit of time if I
gave you an example.

filter senddefault {
        if net = 0.0.0.0/0 then accept;
        reject;