Hardware requirements for BIRD

Michael McConnell michael at winkstreaming.com
Tue Mar 7 15:14:48 CET 2017

Hello Clement, even the most entry level server these days will meet your requirements. Bird is very lean, a system with 2 cores and 4 gbps of ram is plenty for what you described.

The only thing I would suggest is you look at Intel NIC’s like the i340 or i350 which will help a great deal if you approach anywhere near 1 gbps or a high number of small packets.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Michael McConnell