Static IPv6 leases on VLAN interface

Martin Huněk martin.hunek at lbcfree.net
Fri Jul 14 10:03:18 CEST 2017

Hí,

I have recently found out a problem with assigning IPv6 prefix via static
protocol for the VLAN interface.

When I wrote this:
protocol static leases {
        route 2001:db8:0:100::/56 via fe80::xxxx:xxff:fexx:xxxx%eth1.3330;
}

It gave me:
/etc/bird/leases6.conf, line 2: syntax error

However, when I use a host interface for that VLAN (%eth1), it suddenly works.

I've also tried to assign prefix via public address used on that interface (say
2001:db8::xxxx (/64). Even though there was no error in configuration phase,
the route was ignored by bird.

Is there a way how to insert static route pointing to the VLAN interface? Is
the "dot" syntax supported? Has anyone had more luck using a static protocol
in that manner? If it is a bug, will it be fixed in 1.6.x, or just in bird2?

I've tried to do that on version 1.6.0 as well as 1.6.3, no luck in the both
cases.

Best regards,
Martin Hunek
Freenet Liberec, z.s.