FreeBSD ECMP Bird OSPF

Ruben Herold ruben at insecure.pw
Tue Feb 21 09:40:22 CET 2017

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 01:21:24PM +0100, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> Well, i do not closely track FreeBSD development, so i would like to know
> whether ECMP support is ordinarily available in FreeBSD releases and if
> the appropriate API is described somewhere (or at least some code samples
> for that).

I'm ver new to the freebsd so I don't know the internals but from my
point of view ECMP in freebsd is handled with the module RADIX_MPATH.
RADIX_MPATH is included into the normal freebsd kernel source but
not active in all builds.

Most distribution which are specialized for routing or firewalling
have it enabled ( pfsense, bsdrp and so on). On freebsd you can see
іf it is enabled via sysctl for example:

[root at gw01]~# sysctl -a | grep -i radi
options RADIX_MPATH
[root at gw01]~#

It could be that you can find some examples in the quagga source code,
cause I have found some people using it with quagga.

It would be nice If we can use it. If you got an path to enable it.

        Ruben

--
Ruben Herold
ruben at insecure.pw