birdc 2.0.0 crashes

Clemens Schrimpe clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:00:23 CET 2017

Hello all -

I just compiled and installed BIRD 2.0.0 on a x86_64 Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (with ZFS root) test-machine and (most) things look pretty dandy so far.

Though ... birdc crashes inside lib-readline when I attempt to go back in the command history (^P or ↑), but only if there already is something to go back to. It also fails to create the .birdc_history file in the first place. Thankfully the 1.6.3 birdc still works fine, so I can continue playing for now.

Has anyone else found this as well already? Otherwise I'd dig deeper (would have to install debug tools on the target machine, etc.)

Thanks,

	Clemens

PS: Great Work, Team!!! I really appreciate your efforts!